Friday, June 8, 2012

Paulie's Picks, Belmont, 6/9/12

I'll Have Another and his trainer Doug O'Neill (above) are bummed out.

Oh, well - Tendinitis has sidelined the 2012 Triple-Crown contender, I'll Have Another. Dammit!!!

The fact is, I was going to bet Dullahan, anyway - his style is right for this race, and his morning line was a generous 5-1. He's probably going to go off as the favorite now, draining away all his value as a second choice. And I was going to secretly Root for I'll Have Another, too. Dammit!!!

I'm still going out there; it's still the Belmont Stakes. Maybe losing the luster of a Triple Crown possibility will keep away some of the drunk frat types. And hopefully the weather will hold out.

Dammit!!!

Dammit!!!

Dammit!!!

Here are Paulie's Picks for tomorrow's card, dammit:

1st race:
11 - Wet One
7 - Night Brigade
4 - I Dreamt I Was

2nd race:
2 - Wild Target
3 - Tiz Yankee
6 - Escape Artist

3rd race:
9 - Mineswept
8 - Ruffino
5 - Coalition

4th race:
11 - Longwood Lane
7 - Moonstock
2 - Current Design

5th race:
9 - Mr. Vantastic
10 - Adirondack Dancer
5 - In My Eyes

6th race:
6 - Teeth of the Dog
4 - Skyring
5 - Brimstone Island

7th race, The True North Handicap, G2:
3 - Smiling Tiger
6 - Giant Ryan
1 - Pacific Ocean

8th race, The Just a Game, G1:
4 - Winter Memories
5 - Hungry Island
1 - Tapitsfly

9th race, the Woody Stephens, G2:
6 - Trinniberg
7 - Power World
5 - Bourbon Courage

10th race, The Manhattan Handicap, G1:
6 - Brilliant Speed
7 - Hudson Steele
3 - Al Khali

11th race, The Damn Belmont Stakes, G1:
5 - Dullahan
3 - Union Rags
1 - Street Life

12th race:
1 - Deerslayer
5 - Slews Big Finale
6 - Sly

13th race:
1 - Sam's Buck
6 - Post Pattern
12 - Gossip Column

Tune in tomorrow night for the damn results and video.