Thursday, February 16, 2012

Paulie's Picks, Aqueduct, 2/17/12


A colleague and I have some important academic issues to discuss, and we decided that Aqueduct Racetrack is really the perfect spot. There is, after all, 30 minutes in between each race, you can get a lot done.

It's my first outing of 2012, and frankly, I'm looking forward to starting with a clean slate - I couldn't pick my nose at the races in 2011. The weather looks like it's going to be cooperative: 51 degrees with sunshine in the afternoon. Hooray!

I'm afraid my picks are all pretty boring, mostly first and second choices in the morning line. I'm sure a little residual lack of confidence from last year is making me feel a little less bold, but then again tomorrow's card is a sort of like the current contest for the Republican nomination - there's just not that much to choose from.

But who cares about all that - it's still my favorite game! Here are Paulie's picks for tomorrow's card at the Big A:

1st race:
7 - Dahlgren Chapel
2 - Premium Wine
3 - Have You Ever

2nd race:
1a - Hurricane Kitten
3 - Karakorum Magic
1 - Sweet Kakes
2 - Saratoga Silver

3rd race:
1 - Tough Market
2 - Raecinjasin
6 - Afternoon Treat

4th race:
5 - This One's for Phil
6 - Hillswick
1 - Star of New York

5th race:
7 - Say Toba Sandy
1a - Sweet Hot Toddy
4 - Awedacious Caren

6th race:
7 - Pegasus Papou
5 - Winloc's John Lee
6 - Trainingforsuccess

7th race:
8 - Sastre
2 - Call the Ball
3 - Power King

8th race:
1 - Downhill Joey
5 - McCarren Park
4 - Expression

9th race:
1 - El Dreamer
5 - Raffie's Choice
3 - Sandican