Sunday, March 20, 2011

Michael Zahn on Henri Mag and Other Subjects


Mark Stone at Henri Mag recently put up an extremely thoughtful piece on Michael Zahn, a painter for whom I hold an immense amount of respect. It's especially good on the interplay of the visual and the cultural, which I think is one of the most interesting things about MZ's work - it's not conceptual art, but it's not Modernism or Minimalism, either.

Also, last week D. Richmond started a new series on Immaterial Culture about the academization of art and its historical precedents. It's researched exhaustively, it's fascinating, and I look forward to future installments.

Readers of No Hassle may or may not have noticed that I haven't written anything long-form in a while. I am thinking, thinking, thinking, though, and am a little hesitant to publish while my thoughts are in a state of flux. Nonetheless, I'm not going to wait too long - I don't have a big problem with changing my mind in print.