Friday, October 29, 2010

Post Number 500!


This is the 500th post here on No Hassle at the Castle! The first one went up on February 7, 2007. I've been aware that this was coming up for the last couple of weeks, and spent a lot of time thinking about how to observe such a momentous occasion. I decided to celebrate with a poem!

As most of my readers know, I'm insistent that one should write about art using the plainest language available. If I wanted, however, I could go another route - here's a blueprint for a different kind of Hassle:

I could, if I chose,
embellish my prose, with
e-pistemolgies,
trenchant ontologies,
Jungian, Freudian, moody psychologies,
cosmic cosmologies,
stubborn tautologies,
jargon without no relief or apologies,
things that go bump in the post-modern night,
poly-syllabic vernacular frights!
Stern deconstruction and wild semiotics,
dense hermeneutics for learned psychotics,
tools to interpret hegemony's goals,
post-meta-narrative rig-a-marole!
Derrida, Wittgenstein, Barthes, and Foucault;
I'd quote them all just to show that I know
that it ain't just a game when you hang an art show.