Friday, July 10, 2009

Paulie's Picks, Belmont, 7/11/09

Tomorrow will be my first trip to Big Sandy in quite some time - the relentless rains of June sadly kept me away from the game.

I'm afraid I didn't pick an easy card for my return, though; it's a virtual Rubik's Cube of unraced maidens, weird turf sprints, horses stretching out to a route or turning back to a sprint for the first time, shippers, long layoff types, and so on. You really need a crystal ball on a day like this.

But I'm undaunted! I may come home broke, but go I must!

In that spirit, here are Professor Paulie's Perilous Picks for tomorrow's tricky card at Belmont Park:

1st race:
4 - Summer Share
2 - Separatist
8 - Hoist the Gala

2nd race:
1 - Star of New York
8 - Hot Minute
2 - Ryan and Jack

3rd race:
3 - All the Bases
5 - Bimini
2 - Charlott Humor

4th race:
1 - Super Child
6 - Gypsy Camp
5 - Purses and Shoes

5th race:
3 - Zapster
4 - Cause I Can
8 - Mississippi Hippie

6th race:
2 - Two Brash
3 - Flat Bold
6 - Top It

7th Race, The Man O' War, G1:
9 - Gio Ponti
7 - Midships
4 - Marsh Side

8th race:
7 - Canadian Ballet
3 - Meriwether Jessica
8 - Absolute Heaven

9th race:
2 - Livin Large
1 - Onzain
3 - Rock and Rune

10th race:
6 - Bartletts
1 - Suite Ernie B
8 - Wild Way

Tune in tomorrow night for results.