Saturday, February 7, 2009

Aqueduct Results, 2/7/09

In today's third race, my choice to win, Little Wise Guy, was scratched, and my choice for second, Driven By Success, came in. If you're willing to let me count this one as a winning pick, it means I chose eight winners out of nine races at Aqueduct today.

Before you start applauding, however, take a look at the prices these horses paid; just about everyone in the park picked the same ones as me. Still, with these choices I was able to hit an exacta, a trifecta, a pick three, the late pick four, and my very first pick 6. It's not enough to retire on, but it was still a little thrill, backed up by a few crispy Franklins.

I also got to see one of the Derby hopefuls: Haynesfield looked rough and tough winning the Whirlaway by open lengths. It was a little like my handicapping of today's card, though - it looked great, and was sort of great, but with asterisks; he was beating up on some classy allowance horses and recent maidens, nothing like the stock he'll meet if he makes it to Kentucky in May.